Clark’s Roaring Twenty-Twenty-Four Prom

Lia Khodaverdi
Nayiri Vartan, Nathalie Vartan, Anush Melikyan, Carla Alexanian, Annie Laterovian, Violet Bandek, Divinia Dilsizian, Sarin Khatcherian, Raeesah Alam, and Natalie Sabounjian pose for a picture at Pasadena City Hall before Prom.

Students in ASB worked tirelessly for four years to raise enough money to have an epic senior year with incredible events to remember. The Senior Prom, unlike any other school dance, is the highlight of the year for most of the seniors as they get to party and have fun as a whole class one final time before they graduate and go their separate ways. 

A majority of second semester for many students was consumed by the constant brainstorming and decision-making that goes into a memorable prom: dress shopping, hair, makeup, and so much more. For many, the perfect dress or ensemble for prom came at the cost of hours of browsing and even trips stuck in traffic going to Downtown LA to try on dresses to find “the one.”

The detail that went into the planning of the prom was so intricate, and the outcome was phenomenal. From the table linens to the black serviettes, ostrich feather centerpieces, and the deck of cards party favors, every little detail was taken into account by Clark’s amazing Senior ASB officers. 

On Friday, May 24, students had hair and makeup appointments booked and took the majority of the day to hang out with friends, take tons of photos, and make memories. After hours of getting ready, the majority of seniors took advantage of the close location of Pasadena City Hall to Noor to meet there with their friends about an hour before the dance to take a multitude of pictures all dolled-up and handsome. 

Prom officially began at 6:00 pm, so after filling up their camera rolls’ storages with a hundred new pictures, the seniors headed off to Noor and checked in while voting for their Prom Court candidates. After waiting a couple of minutes in the foyer, enjoying drinks from the “champagne” tower, and waiting their turns at the photo booth, the seniors walked into the dance room and searched for their assigned tables and seats. Each plate had seating cards written in gold calligraphy by Senior Class Secretary Shelia Isaghoulian and a cute little customized deck of cards in a gold and black color with “Class of 2024” written on the boxes. 

Seniors Cira Teeters and Malvina Karapetyan take a picture on the dance floor at Prom.
(Hasmik Ohanesian)

Appetizers were already on the tables when students got seated, so most sat down and started eating until the music started. Once the DJ turned up the music, the dancing did not stop until the Prom Court was announced later in the night, claiming Elin Arakelian and Arman Sargsyan as the winners. Students danced all night, only taking breaks when they got tired or needed to rest their feet because of their heels. They spent their breaks taking pictures with other students and teachers, getting a scoop of ice cream from the Rolling Zone Creamery Cart waiting outside the dance room, or sitting on the outdoor patio.

“It was great to see all the seniors come together for one last dance and dance the night away,” Divinia Dilsizian said. “ASB did an amazing job with planning prom, from the venue, to the food, to the photo booth, and the ice cream cart.”

The Senior Class President Mariam Hakobyan was the person in charge of preparing and planning prom and worked very hard to make it the successful night that it turned out to be. “Some of the most stressful parts of planning prom was figuring-out seating arrangements and setting up the centerpieces,” Hakobyan said. “I really liked our Prom, and I heard others loved the ambiance we created and the little details we thought of. Everyone had a place to be, and no one felt like there was nothing to do. If they got bored, they could play cards outside, get ice cream, or take photos at the photo booth.”

It was also Mr. Rubio’s and Dr. Hairapetian’s first time at Clark’s Prom as administrators. “I’ve been to many proms, and compared to a lot of the proms I’ve been to, everyone including staff and students seemed to have a really good time,” Principal Rubio said.

After a night filled with dancing, taking pictures, laughing, and having fun, seniors left Noor with positive thoughts and opinions about their prom and tons of new and bittersweet memories of their last high school dance.