Disney Rules Fall Rally

Celine Gharapetian
Junior Charlotte Fernandez Walker performs a traditional dance from Veracruz region of Mexico under the song of La Morena during the Fally Rally.

The fall rally takes Clark by storm on Friday, December 1st, as ASB once again delivers entertaining events. This year’s rally was Disney-themed, mainly focusing on Disney characters and movies. The students filled the entire school with a special energy. “For the first time in two years, I haven’t seen students screaming this much,” senior Njteh Girichian, who participated in the B rally said.

Senior Vahag Matevosian, ASB President, was primarily prioritizing the engagement of the students and making the event new and entertaining. “The goal was to make the event great and keep the students engaged, which is what ended up happening,” Matevosian said. Several new activities were featured, such as the Senior’s Lightning McQueen’s Cars Mania game, where two members of each grade raced each other using the children’s cars ASB assembled. Despite some small collisions between the cars, the race was filled with excitement as students participated by encouraging their teams with energizing cheers. 

Another new activity that was introduced by the Junior Class was Winnie the Pooh’s Honey Mess where two students from the same grade help each other clean the equal amount of bees and ants from the bowl of honey, which was made of yellow shaving cream. Students tried to remove the most plastic insects from the bowl with the help of their teammates.

ASB maintained some previously favored activities as well, such as the musical chairs game. It turned out to be one of the most engaging activities, as students were battling each other to capture a seat and win for their class. 

Special features that were added were the traditional dance from Veracruz region of Mexico under the song of La Morena, which was performed at the end of the rally by Charlotte Fernandez Walker, a junior student, and the robotics team’s robot “control z” demonstration where it showed off some of its capabilities by throwing cones at the poles. There was also recognition and respect given to the many Clark students who participated in school programs such as the Robotics Team 696, the Mock Trial team, students in sports, and other students who have participated in making Clark Magnet a more recognizable school. 

The fall rally was an overall success as students were engaged and encouraged to constantly participate and try and have fun while ASB managed to maintain the event smoothly. “I think it went well and everyone had fun as we expected,” senior Mary Torosyan, the Activities Director of the rally, said. “In the first rally, we had some difficulty with the audio, but in the second rally everything was pretty smooth.”