Verizon advertisement turned into a surprise album announcement

Creative Commons
The 2024 Super Bowl stadium where Beyonce’s ad with Verizon was seen all over the screens

While the Superbowl was happening, Verizon had been dropping hints that Beyonce would be starring in their Super Bowl advertisement, saying something unexpected would happen in the commercial after the halftime show. 

The ad brought back nostalgia by showing her in outfits and sets from her Lemonade album era to her new RENAISSANCE album era. With the advertisement’s plot set to be Beyonce trying to break Verizon’s network, viewers saw her at the end of the video demanding to “drop the new music.” As soon as the words left her mouth, the Beyhive, Beyonce’s fandom name, flooded the internet to discuss what she meant and were surprised with two new songs, “TEXAS HOLD EM” and “16 CARRIAGES.” Both songs were to be released in the next hour, as well as an announcement of Act II of the trilogy album series set to be released March 29th. 

As the original mastermind behind dropping music without warning, Beyonce has taken on a new genre to release to the public: country. She had been dropping hints through her fashion choices by wearing a glamorous version of a cowgirl outfit to the Grammys and arriving at the Superbowl in a similar outfit. Fans have been speculating for a while now that she will be doing a country album since she had songs in the past that embody the genre like “Daddy Lessons”. 

Country music has been a popular genre choice recently for pop artists. Earlier in January, Lana Del Rey announced that she would release her next album in the country genre, titled Lasso, due to release in September. Post Malone– who performed an acoustic rendition of “America the Beautiful” at the Super Bowl – has also confirmed he has a country album on the way. 

Beyonce has taken it upon herself to recreate what it means to sing country and is doing numbers with it. Beyonce returned to the Hot 100 on Billboard with “TEXAS HOLD EM” which has taken the internet by storm. People have created a TikTok dance using the song by adding elements of country dances with a twist of TikTok moves for everyone to enjoy. 

Not only is Beyonce making Generation Z love country music, but she’s also bringing country fashion back into the limelight, still showing the tremendous power she holds in the music industry.