The ethical hackers of Clark

New hacking class trains students to become future white hats

Period two Ethical Hacking class at work.

Max Kovach

Max Kovach

Reed Maruyama, Yearbook Section Editor

As a technology magnet, Clark offers many classes having to do with computers and coding. A new class added in the 2018 school year offers an “ethical” knowledge of hacking. Taught by Glendale Community College professor Sevada Isayan, the class offers lessons in networks, cyber security and hacking.

Along with college course credits, at the end of the course, students become certified “white hats” or ethical computer hackers. Being certified can open up a lot of opportunities in the future. Junior Max Kovach said that he is enjoying the class this far. “The teacher is really good at what he does,” Kovach said. “He makes it interesting. Having hacking knowledge can open up a lot of career opportunities. If academics aren’t your thing, this class really gives you a possible path for the future.”

Being trained as a white hat can open the door to many different jobs, from IT Security to research for big companies. “[The class] is great because it is about students completing pathways especially in career technical education,” said Assistant Principal Dr. Brian Landisi. “This is just one of those pathways, which is perfect for a science and technology school.”

Max Kovach
Junior Vince Hilahan concentrates on the current assignment in ethical hacking.

1 Comment

One Response to “The ethical hackers of Clark”

1. Urielle and Tiana on October 22nd, 2018 10:28 am

We are very saddened that this class was only offered after we left. We have always wanted to become white hats. Other than that, it’s really interesting that this is now available.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The ethical hackers of Clark