‘Somethin Tells Me’ Bryson Tillers True To Self album is going to be a banger

Bryson Tiller at the minor stage during Stavernfestivalen in Stavern on 09. July 2016.  

Lineup:
Bryson Tiller (vocal)

Bryson Tiller at the minor stage during Stavernfestivalen in Stavern on 09. July 2016. Lineup: Bryson Tiller (vocal)

Tore Sætre (CC BY-SA 4.0

Tore Sætre (CC BY-SA 4.0

Jaden Florita, Photographer

Bryson Tiller blissfully returns blessing the ears of millions, after his seven-month hiatus prior to his release “Let Me Explain”. On May 11, Tiller released three new tracks – “Somethin Tells Me”, “Get Mine”, and “Honey” – giving fans a preview of what his upcoming album True To Self is going to bring us, which was announced to be released on June 23.

Tiller is a 24-year-old R&B singer from Louisville, Kentucky. He first gained recognition from his song “Don’t,” which received a plethora of admiration from people all over the world. In Oct. 2015, he released his debut album Trapsoul, which gave him major popularity. Bryson Tiller’s songs usually address romance, hence why he is a contemporary R&B artist.

The song “Get Mine,” which features rapper Young Thug, indicates Bryson’s return to making new music. The first line is “Godzilla’s still alive!” — a reference to his one of his adlibs “God, Tilla!” On this track, he focuses on his wealth and success prior to Trapsoul. He also makes references to his daughter, implying how he would kill for her and protect her in every way possible. The beat is amazing, and according to Tiller, “this ain’t no trap music. Soul, rhythm, blues with a slap to it.”

The next song, “Somethin Tells Me”, gives off his well-known style of addressing love. This track talks about how he has to accept the fact his relationship won’t last and may come to an end. His second verse is him trying to rekindle his relationship, “Can’t let this thing go to waste, oh no. Before we crash hit the brakes, oh no. Call, then I go to your place, oh no. Still getting voicemail, oh no. F*ck it leave a voicemail, oh no. Hey, looks like we’re at the end of the road.” Personally, this song is one of my favorites. It’s a perfect song to be played while in your car, parked at a scenic view, with your windows down and speakers blasting.

The final release, “Honey”, radiates pure ’90s R&B vibes. Again, this song is about love, and Tiller serenades a woman he is most definitely interested in. The second verse implies that even though people hate on his girl, nothing is going to stop him from loving her.

Bryson Tiller is a musical genius and his music hits the spot of millions of people. If you enjoy love songs with a ’90s R&B influence, TIller’s upcoming album surely won’t disappoint. These three releases were just a preview for what’s coming up next, and it’s going to be a banger.